How to Choose Outdoor Light Fixtures
The best exterior lighting solutions don't just beautify your garden after the sun goes down. Outdoor light fixtures should add value to your home, increase the safety of your entryway, and boost overall security. Try the following tips for choosing and installing new fixtures for maximum benefit:
- Size It: For either the front porch or the back patio, the size of an outdoor wall light should be approximately one-third the height of the door. If you're hanging a light on both sides of the door, one-quarter the height of the door will work too.
- Print It: Check the size and position of a fixture before you buy using our Printable Life-Size Image link, located beneath the item description on selected products.
- Light It: Illuminate your side yard and other low traffic areas with low voltage landscape lighting fixtures, and keep the patio safe during evening get-togethers with step and deck lighting.
- Post It: For general purposes, outside post lights cast a warm glow across the front yard, while street lanterns, also known as lamp post lights, look best alongside the driveway and are an excellent first-line of defense against would-be intruders.
For questions about any of our outdoor lights, please call 800-782-1976 to speak to one of our trained lighting associates. We're here to help!
* Free shipping and free returns applies only to shipments made to the 48 continental US states. Free returns does not apply to designs shipped by freight, designs with giclee art shades, or certain items with designer shades.