Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Some easy ways that all of us can save energy and go green around the home:
1. Switch to CFLs - Compact Fluorescent Lamp bulbs have an appealing light, last longer than incandescents and cut energy use. So replace those bulbs!
2. Dim It - Adding a wall dimmer switch saves energy and extends the life of incandescent bulbs. Plus it looks cool when you dim the lights.
3. Swap Light Bulbs - Simply going to a lower wattage bulb saves energy. In outside lighting, most people over-lamp; by switching from, say, a 75 to a 40 watt bulb, you'll still have plenty of light.
4. Go ENERGY STAR - These fixtures and ceiling fans have been certified by the EPA for their energy efficiency. There are more looks and styles than ever.
5. Add Solar - Solar landscape lighting has come a long way. The new designs are ideal for accenting garden pathways or walkways.
What do you think? What are some other ways to go green with lighting?