Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
The Las Vegas Market is the decor industry's preeminent total home market. And as a design blogger, I think it's a great place to get an insider look at what design trends are on the horizon! I spent last Tuesday at the market with my trusty iPhone by my side, rounding up sneak-peek photos to share with you. Here are the top 5 design trends I spotted at the Las Vegas Market:
1. CLARITY CONTEMPORARY. Clarity Contemporary is a light and bright look that features clear and colored glass and crystal along with reflective, mirrored finishes. We've noticed that this trend tends to emphasize watery shades of blue and green for a sparkling, summery feel.
2. RUSTIC COASTAL CHIC. Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it - "rustic chic?" But somehow, the coastal look still manages to look chic even with rough, weathered finishes. I think it's the soft aquatic color palette that lends sophistication to this look.
3. BOTANICAL DECOR. The garden vintage look, along with botanical-inspired decor, has been a hot design trend for a while - and only continues to be! We love this look that's inspired by Old English gardens, vintage botanical prints, and classic greenhouses. This look is perfect for outdoor decorating too, perhaps with charming lamp post lights?
4. PATTERNED PAINTED FURNITURE. Pattern is IN! I was pleasantly surprised by the number of painted casegoods I spied. There were the expected painted finishes in solid colors, but I was impressed by the use of painted pattern showing up on dressers, desks, and dining tables.
5. OWLS! We can't get enough of these cute little creatures - and apparently neither can anyone else! We spotted owls everywhere, and think they're such charming and whimsical decor accent. An owl table lamp would be such a cool lighting fixture for kids!
What's your favorite design trend right now?
Image credits:Lesley Myrick at the Las Vegas Market 2012.
Love the owls, hoot, hoot!