LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
When the temperatures plummet, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for a beautiful home. Here are 10 cozy home decorating ideas to keep you warm as the temperatures drop.
1) Add texture – pillows and throws in nubby knits and faux fur invite anyone to curl up. Down filling doubles the cozy factor. Even a porch can get cozy like this one from Liz Marie Blog.
2) Display textiles – take those quilts out of the closet and keep them within easy reach or stack them up on top of an old chest for instant warmth.
3) Area Rugs – warm up any space by either laying a rug on top of a cold wood or tile floor or by layering one on top of wall to wall carpet. Matters of Space added warmth with shag.
4) Curtains – When the ice begins to cling to the windowpanes, it’s time to try out a fun fabric and hang a couple of panels over bare windows.
5) Extend tablecloths – a fabric in burlap like this one from Mimzy and Company or a simple drop cloth that skims the floor adds sophistication to any wintertime dinner celebration. Go an extra step and layer a flannel blanket from the thrift store on top.
6) Bedding – A down comforter, flannel sheets and a few extra pillows to prop you up with a good book before bed.
7) Books – Fill bookshelves like these from The Art of Doing Stuff, pile them high on a coffee table or add a few of your favorite reads to the guest room nightstand.
8) Reading Nook – I placed a comfortable upholstered chair into a forgotten corner in my sunroom and now it’s my favorite place to curl up with a good book. Add a small accent table or ceramic garden stool to hold a hot cup of tea. See more at Eclectically Vintage.
9) Go green – Put a fiddle leaf fern in a huge textured basket or create a terrarium inside for a calming effect.
10) Display what you love – the best way to warm up any home is to show off things with meaning whether it be a wall of family pictures, vintage yardsticks or a collection of bird houses. The colors of my vintage landscape wall add warmth to my living room.
These 10 cozy home decorating ideas will definitely warm up your space this winter. Here’s to creating a cozy and comfortable home.
Image credits: Liz Marie Blog, Matters of Space, Mimzy and Company, The Art of Doing Stuff, Eclectically Vintage, Elle Décor, Eclectically Vintage.
I like the photos and tips, but I can't do the ferns in the corner - too 1970s for me!