LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Clean, modern kitchen without any clutter.
The uncluttered kitchen is a thing of beauty, especially after several weeks of cooking and prepping for the holidays.
Keeping a clean and clutter-free kitchen may seem daunting, especially if you have kids, but there are ways to make your kitchen appear better organized and more clean. Check out these images from Lonny that are nothing if not inspired.
All-white kitchen design.
Obviously, keeping your counters clear are key to remaining clutter-free and is the first order of business. Proper containers and trays can keep things in their place, but items like mounted magnetic knife holders can free up space in drawers and countertops.
If you have a small kitchen, clear bar stools will give your kitchen the look of more space and thus, less cluttered.
Also, I love the pop of some color in a kitchen however keeping things monochromatic will also have the affect of keeping things clean.
Monochromatic kitchen design looks clean and uncluttered.
Modern kitchens naturally lend themselves to a clutter-free appearance, but you need not remodel to stay uncluttered. I like carts and shelves on wheels, or lightweight storage containers so they can be filled and quickly moved out of the room if you are expecting guests.
If you have low ceilings, you'll want to make sure you have a modern flush mount light. And if you have an island or peninsula, try keeping pendants clear glass so that sight lines remain clear and open. This Kichler pendant is a pretty example.
1. The Access Vision Brushed Steel LED Ceiling Light keeps things close to the ceiling and out of the way for those of you with small kitchens.
2. The Mini Wave Brushed Nickel 3-Light Ceiling Fixture offers great task lighting.
3. Keep things clear and simple with the Quoizel Uptown Penn Station Nickel Pendant.
4. The Zuo Anime Transparent Acrylic Bar Stool offers function with the appearance of using up very little visual space.
5. Keeping items off counters and tables is easy with the White Finish Solid Wood 5 Tier Leaning Shelf.
Photo credits: Lonny