LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Having an organized office is crucial for career success. It helps focus all the energy in the office and put you in command and control over your career. The way your furniture is positioned creates a stimulated and comfortable working environment that will encourage success.
Jerome Abecassis of Divano Designs and Brigitte Beltra, Feng Shui Expert, offer their 10 tips for office furniture layouts:
1. DO place your desk so you can see clearly when sitting behind it. If you sit with your back to the door, you are inviting others to take advantage of you. You are also turning your back to the incoming wealth and blessings for your career.
2. DO sit with your back against a solid wall or corner - not with a window behind your back. Having a window behind you makes you vulnerable.
3. DON’T sit in line with the door, as you will be in the path of negative energies.
4. DO place your computer in the North or West areas of your desk to enhance creativity. Place the computer in the Southeast corner if you use it to generate income.
5. DON’T have any mirrors in your office as they can reflect negative energies for clients and other people in the room.
6. DO keep the cords of your office equipment well hidden. They eliminate clutter and allow the free flow of energies.
7. DO place your reference books on the left side of your desk, such as a dictionary, manuals, and any other items you often reach for.
8. DO keep the back left corner of your desk clean, dust free, and uncluttered. If there is space in the back of your monitor for photos or posters, position family pictures in photo frames or renderings of future projects. Those pictures should face you.
9. DO place awards, diplomas, and certificates, centered on the wall behind your desk.
10. DO have an ergonomical office chair for your posture and back. Your office chair represents your career area. Keep it clean and dusted, with a floor mat that looks fresh and new.
Thanks Jerome and Brigitte! I'd like to offer one more tip to help your office function at its best. It's not an office furniture layout tip, but it's equally important - invest in a quality desk lamp! Good lighting reduces eye strain and fatigue, and can help create a more productive work environment.
Image credit: Jasmine Star Photography, Modern Interior.
This is really interesting. I had never considered before that the position of my computer on my desk could help or hinder creativity.
Thanks Charllie - glad you found this information useful! It's worth a try re-arranging your desk to be more productive, right? :)
How lovely!!! I want a table like that! I work from home and I can say that having a good table is a must. I haven't planned for a new table layout yet, but seeing your post, I think I need to start looking for good tables now. I want to work with a clear mind, and having a good work table is a must.
Hi Mortisha - glad this post could inspire you! I agree, a good, large work table is absolutely a must. We do carry a variety of desks if you're interested in browsing: www.lampsplus.com/.../type_desks. Hope you find the perfect one!
Great tips, I actually hadn't considered several of these before. It's especially handy since we're getting some new office furniture probably next month. Thanks for putting this together!
This site is awesome.
Interesting tips above here.It helps me to create a great work space.
This is really an awesome tips for me ... I am looking to decorate my office nowadays
so these tips are helpful for me nice ideas lots of thanks
It looks really nice, it might be the best option especially for those people who want to do business and also want to spend time at home with family.
Very effective tips and information giving by you on this topic. I really appreciate your work.
Interesting ideas and facts on office furniture layout that one must follow to make his/her office environment better. I really appreciate your post.
your Office Furniture Layouts information is so helpful and This is really interesting i read you Blog every day.
I think tip number 6 is great. I hate when electronic cords are showing. They distract from the feel of the office design. It is worth keeping them to a minimum.
Is this Katelyn Jame's office?? The turquoise office in the first picture...