LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
When designing the home, sometimes the bathrooms get forgotten about or they are not as stylized as the other living spaces. We spend a good amount of time in the bathroom getting ready for our day in the morning and showering in the evening. I love to create a bathroom that is both indulgent and well designed with elements like bright bathroom lighting.
1. Unconventional Vanities: A vanity can become a piece of furniture when switching out the standard utilitarian vanity cabinetry. Don't be afraid to use a smaller cabinet from the living room or dining room in the bathroom. The more unique the piece the better.
2. Chalkboard Walls: Instead of leaving the walls blank, you can add a playful element by painting the walls with a chalkboard paint. Write your favorite quotes, to-do list, or notes to yourself on the wall. This is especially appropriate for a kid's bathroom. They can multi-task by practicing their math problems while brushing their teeth.
3. Incorporating Color: Don't forget to add a pop of color in an overall neutral or white bathroom. The color adds interest and another dimension to the space.
4. Wallpaper: I like using wallpaper in bathrooms. It is an easy way to incorporate color and pattern into the space. It can also add glamour and drama to the bathroom.
5. Round Mirrors: I have seen a recent trend toward using framed bathroom mirrors instead of the countertop-to-ceiling standard (frameless) mirror. Depending on what type of mirror you select, you can really set the style and mood for the space.
Images: Blueprint Bliss, Hammers High Heels, Desire to Inspire, Decor Pad, Two Ellie
It is great to see some well thought out bathroom lightings, this is an area of the home which call so often be forgotten about.
Lovely designs. The designers of this bathroom has really an creative and imaginative mind to be result in this art work.