Looking for that extra finishing touch that's functional too? Side chairs play both roles perfectly. For beautifying an empty corner of the living room or accomodating extra guests at a moment's notice, these designs (also known as occasional or accent chairs) are a decorative addition with a purpose.
Easy enough to move around as needed and comfortable enough to sink into for the long haul, they are an important part of your home furnishing scheme. Our selection of side chairs is packed with designer details like nailhead trim, button tufting, soft upholstery, and handsome leather. Whatever your style, we've got the perfect accent to complement it.
Here are some helpful tips for how to buy a side chair:
- What kind of chair do you want?What room will the chair go in? Do you want a large or small chair? With or without arms? Do you want it to recline or swivel?
- How much are you willing to spend?There are so many options when it comes to side chairs that filtering it by cost is an easy way to prevent getting overwhelmed by options. Keep in mind that price does affect the quality of construction.
- Measure the space.It's easy to misjudge by sight what size chair you need in a space. One option is to take a large piece of paper and cut it to the size of the chair you are considering and tape it to the floor to see how it will fit.
- Do you want your new side chair to complement or contrast your decor?You can choose a chair that blends seamlessly with your existing decor and furnishings, or you can go for it and purchase a chair that will become an eye-catching statement piece in the room.
- What material will work best?An important consideration when choosing a material is the look you are going for and how the chair will be used.