Using Uplights in the Home
Here are five easy ways to add ambiance with uplights:
1. Use them as "wall washers" to highlight artwork, photos and architectural details.
2. Create the illusion of high ceilings by placing them below drapes to draw the eye upward.
3. Placed behind plants in a dining area, uplights can turn an ordinary dinner into an exotic one.
4. Use an uplight between the wall and your headboard for a romantic, hotel-like effect.
5. Similarly, a dining table covered in sheer fabric takes on a romantic glow when an uplight is underneath.
Designer Tip: Double down on the drama by adding a luxurious chandelier to the mix. Perfect for living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms too!