What are counter height stools?
Counter height stools are those that meet the following requirements:
- They have a seat height of 24-inches to 27-inches high.
- You should have 8 to 12-inches of leg room between the stool seat and the bottom of your table for maximum comfort.
- Look for additional features to find the perfect design (does the seat rotate, have arms, etc.)
- Use a 24 inch counter stool for lower tables or kitchen counters.
- 27 inch counter stools can be used for taller heights.
- Make sure you buy the correct size to fit your requirements.
How many counter stools do I need?
Follow these guidelines when deciding how many stools you need.
- Standard rule of thumb is around 20-inches between each stool.
- For example, a 10-foot bar with 20-inch wide stools can accommodate 3 stools.
- Remember the rule of 3 in decorating: things looks better in groups of odd numbers (3, 5, and so on).
- Hospitality standards are 24 to 26-inches between stools, but for home use you can go smaller.
- Swivel designs are easier for guests to get in and out of.
- Choose a design that also fits the depth of your counter space.
If you need help selecting a counter height stool that is right for your home, don't hesitate to give us a call. One of our trained product specialists will be happy to suggest the designs and features that will be perfect for your situation.