Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Did you know that ceilings are the new walls?
It's almost 2013.....the year of the ceiling.
So when you think about decorating a room in the new year.....just look up!
I have decorated ceilings before. I've added decorative ceiling medallions and painted ceilings and added moldings and scraped texture off ceilings. But somewhere along the way I failed to recognize the decorating gold mine that was just above my head.
Until I saw this.
Can you believe it?
Have you ever seen anything so amazing in your life? And since 2013 is right around the corner....here's are a few more ceiling decorating ideas and inspirations to get you started:
1. Why not start with adding pattern to the ceiling....like these stripes. The room comes alive with the addition of the pattern on the ceiling and it wraps the room in warmth.
2. You can paint a ceiling a basic white....and then enliven it with a painted chevron pattern. The colors of gray and white create a soothing color palette.
3. Wallpaper is always a great option for a ceiling space. Here a graphic flower patters adds another design dimension to the room.
4. The warm tones of barn wood are the perfect accent for this room. The warmth and texture of the wood create an inviting space.
5. Texture is another great way to create visual interest without detracting too much from the room's decor. Here....a simple pressed tin makes a statement in a bathroom.
Ready to start looking up?
Here's some great ideas to finish off your ceiling decorating:
So here's to an incredible 2013. I can't wait for the new year.
It is going to be wonderful.....
.....and I hear things are really looking up!
Shopping Cart: 1. Possini Euro Design 18-Light Curly Ribbon Pendant 2. Conde Square 15" Wide Brushed Steel Ceiling Light 3. Possini Euro Design White Cloud 15" Wide Pendant Chandelier 4. Possini Euro Design Aluminum Lotus Pendant Light 5. Possini Silver and Crystal Semi-Flushmount Ceiling Light
Photo credits: Picture number 1: Design Sponge Collage pictures: 1. Elle Decor 2. Design Sponge 3. Lavender and Ash 4. Guehne-Made-Kansas City 5. Heritage Ceilings
KariAnne writes the lifestyle blog, Thistlewood Farm from the back porch of her turn-of-the-century farmhouse in the beautiful rolling hills of Kentucky. Thistlewood Farm was awarded Country Living Decorating blog of the year as well as named one of the top 10 decorating blogs by Better Homes and Gardens. KariAnne loves to paint mismatched chairs, listen to the crickets singing in the back pasture, walk hand-in-hand with her knight-in-shining armor as the sun sets over the river and drink sweet tea with lime during a thunderstorm. And she has never met a decorating project she didn't like. Follow KariAnne on Google+
It IS going to be wonderful... even more so than 2012 and I can't wait! Things are looking up..hahaha...