Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Modern desk lamps with retro flair always turn my head.
They're a quick way to personalize a desk and the streamlined style doesn't distract anyone.
Best of all, they can give your desktop a hip edge. I picked out a collection of my favorites:
1. Lytegem Telescopic Persimmon and Gunmetal Desk Lamp – a reissue from an original designed in 1965 by Michael Lax. It comes in white and black too.
2. George Kovacs Chrome and Black Balance Arm Desk Lamp – A slim little footprint means that this hipster won't take up your valuable desk space.
3. Pierced Pattern Fabric Shades 5-Light Table Lamp – This table lamp brightens your work space overall. It's not a task light but its subtle pattern is very office friendly.
4. Pro Track® Black Gooseneck Headboard Clip Lamp – This cool, little clip light comes in handy.
5. Possini Euro Design Contempo Flower Acrylic Shade Table Lamp – If your office is a bit Plain Jane then this table lamp adds a story.
6. Possini Euro Design On the Square Accent Table Lamp – More of an accent lamp, this looker is designed to brighten overall. It has that retro charm and the dimmer switch on the base is easy to use.
7. George Kovacs Round Glass Stick Desk Lamp – If you're down with the space-age then the neat adjusting mechanism of this desk lamp might grab you.
8. Sonneman Plinth Black Brass Table Lamp – If you have an extra table in your office then this rectangular table lamp can brighten the surface without taking up too much space.
9. Blink Chrome Adjustable LED Desk Lamp – The top LED light head of this desk lamp slides off so you can carry it around. A new idea for the innovators out there.
10. Marius Task Desk Lamp – The marble shade looks great when lit and the easy-to-grasp dimmer switch on the base is super convenient.
Post Update 9-12-12: Sorry all, but a number of the designs mentioned in this post are no longer available. Click the links above to views the ones that are, or browse our complete desk lamps collection.
Susanna is a former copywriter with LampsPlus.com. Working within the online
world, she has created and syndicated content to support a range of
brands. She has an almost unnatural interest in lighting design and is
excited to combine her experience with her curiosity. She constantly
looks for new innovations within the lighting field in materials and
technology while struggling to find a solution for her high-ceilinged