Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Decorating your living room can get quite expensive very quickly. Instead of going over the budget or waiting to decorate the space, I love to shop for affordable home decor for the living room. Accessorizing the space really gives the room "the finish" and is what adds personality to the decor as well.
1. Decorating with Mirrors: Mirrors add a decorative element to any space, but also make the space seem larger. They look great above the fireplace mantel or above a console table. The Sunrays Antique Silver 32" Wide Wall Mirror is only $199.
2. Decorative Bird Cage Trend: Bird cages are not just for birds anymore. Recently, I have seen a trend toward incorporating decorative bird cages into part of the home decor. They are a fun element in the space and start a conversation with guests. Lamps Plus offers a Bronze Finish Iron Decorative Birdcage for under $30.
3. Setting the Mood with Candles: Nothing welcomes guests into your home more than flickering candlelight. Candles themselves can be a decorative accessory, but when paired with a candle holder, they can really make a statement. I am currently obsessing over our Twisted Frame Black Iron 17 1/4" High Candle Lantern.
4. Trays are Multfunctional: Trays are a fun decorative accent for grouping small accessories. When entertaining, the tray can be used to hold appetizers and/or drinks. My favorite glam tray right now is the Beveled Glass and Metal Serving Tray
5. Hand Sculptures in Decor: It is waving at you... I always like to throw in an element of surprise in the living room decor. The featured Wave Mannequin Hand Sculpture is under $40.