Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Hollywood Luxe is influenced by classic period designs. This style features a lot of glitz, romance and glamour. Modern and classic furniture are blended and related by common finishes and colors. Here is how to Get The Look: Hollywood Luxe in 5 Steps.
1. Color PaletteThere is a strong use of color in this style. The traditional color palette is black and white with pops of hot color, like red. Our inspiration used a strong apricot and softened with a smoky, aged overlay.
2. Walls and FloorsSleek and refined wood and tile floors are the norm in the Hollywood Luxe style. Damask wallpapers or soft metallic paint grace the walls. Window treatments are formal using satin or moirés. Area rugs are in soft shags or animal prints like zebra.
3. LightingLighting is a key element in creating the drama and glitz in this décor. Wall lights, table lamps and chandeliers have rich embellishments such as crystal, glass, chrome and mirror.
4. Furniture & FabricsOccasional furniture pieces feature classic designs with an upscale look with non conforming finishes, like black or mirrored. Consider fabrics in patent or shiny leather, faux skins, damask, brocades and satins.
5. AccessoriesHollywood Luxe acccessories are formal and luxurious. To add glamour and romance use glass, crystal and mirrored finishes.
There you have it, Hollywood Luxe in 5 Steps. Will you being adding some sparkle and shine to your room?
Michael Murphy is a Los Angeles based interior designer and television producer. His 15+ year career includes serving as Supervising Producer on TV design guru Christopher Lowell's "Work That Room." Recently, he has completed projects with celebrity designer Kenneth Brown and fashion icon Heidi Klum. Follow Michael on Google+
I love everything you had to say and all of the elements you used very nice job.
Thank you for the terrific comment. Love the feedback.