LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
To me, warmer weather means outdoor dining and relaxed entertaining. Who can resist the draw of a Summer breeze on a deck, patio or apartment balcony?! As long as you have some outdoor space you can enjoy stylish outdoor dining.
Decor Pad pictures makes it so easy to fall in love with design and their outdoor dining pictures got me in the summer mood. Because dining outside is usually a more casual affair, the old rules of meals at a formal dining table need not apply. Whether you sit at a bar, coffee table or traditional dining table, it can all be done stylishly.
A key thing to remember is to make sure you have plenty of light if you entertain in the evening. LED landscape lighting in the yard coupled with hanging lanterns or wall lights will make your patio that much more functional and decorative.
Also, just because it’s outside doesn’t mean you should skimp on comfort. Make sure to have cushions and pillows galore to make everybody comfortable and want to stay late into the night.
Because you may be further away from the kitchen when entertaining outside, it’s great to have large trays at hand to carry more things out, avoiding many trips back and forth. Buckets filled with ice will also keep drinks cold so that guests need not get up for multiple trips inside.
Whether you have a hippie or high brow aesthetic, outdoor dining is one of the joys of summer and should not be missed.
1. Keep guests comfortable with the Ikat Yellow Rectangular Outdoor Throw Pillow.
2. The Large Oval Galvanized Steel Tub will ensure drinks stay cold while entertaining.
3. The Stratus Collection Bronze Outdoor Hang Light is essential to keeping things bright on a dark night.
4. I like the Amazonia Teak Dublin Outdoor Folding Chairs if your outdoor space is limited.
5. Stay organized outside with the Estelle Orange Large Round Wood Tray.
6. Mood lighting is ensured with the Salem Chrome Lantern Candleholder.
Photo credits: Decor Pad