LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
The pineapple has long been a symbol of welcome, making it a mainstay in interiors styles and design trends ranging from coastal to cottage to colonial. Now, the spiny tropical treat is also enjoying a decor revival in more contemporary settings.
The fruit's intriguing texture offers modern graphic applications, from a series of white pineapples on Jamie Meares' Flickr to the oversized pineapple artwork seen on Kate the Great. Even a traditional gold pineapple lamp looks fresh when paired with a crisp white setting via Viciously Cyd.
Take advantage of the pineapple's age-old associations with hospitality! For entertaining, a real pineapple hollowed out as a centerpiece (from Sugar and Cloth) takes a DIY route, but wood pineapples on the table (spotted at Refresh Designs) have a similarly inviting effect.
Pineapples in the entryway catch guests immediately when they cross your threshold, so try a few on a stylish console (via Lamps Plus) or go all out with a pineapple wallpaper as seen on House to Home. No matter how you send it, a warm greeting will always feel fresh!
1. A traditional gold pineapple lamp offers a classic feel.
2. Take the pineapple's appeal outdoors with a bronze planter.
3. This eye-catching doormat brings to life the pineapple's status as a symbol of welcome.
4. Serve up pineapple style with a wood cheeseboard.
5. A pineapple wall sconce sets a sophisticated yet laid-back mood.
6. Enjoy sweet dreams in a bamboo bed frame with pineapple posts.
Image credits: Jamie Meares Flickr, Kate the Great, Viciously Cyd, Sugar and Cloth, Refresh Designs, Lamps Plus, House to Home