Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
1. Use an extra oven mitt to store all your barbeque gear.
2. Reuse your old Crocs as a new planter.
3. A colander holds the ice and the icebucket collects the water.
4. One of those..."why didn't I think of that?" moments.
5. Labels + Skewer + Lime = Place Cards
6. Apple + Candle = Centerpiece
7. Use ribbon to tie the bottle opener to the bucket handle. This way it won't get lost.
8. Reuse an old colander as a planter. Great drainage!
9. Use toothpicks and name tags to introduce your guest to the cheeses.
10. A cupcake liner can catch all the drips from a popscicle--unless you are like me and it never seems to last that long.
If you have a summertime tip, I would enjoy hearing from you. Just drop me a line in the comments. Thanks!!
Images courtesy of CFA Brdige Designs, House Logic, Martha Stewart, Real Simple and Tree Hugger.
Michael Murphy is a Los Angeles based interior designer and television producer. His 15+ year career includes serving as Supervising Producer on TV design guru Christopher Lowell's "Work That Room." Recently, he has completed projects with celebrity designer Kenneth Brown and fashion icon Heidi Klum. Follow Michael on Google+