Ask our team of design experts
LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Some people call it an elastic or elastic band, others a binder. If you’re visiting a foreign country, you might hear it referred to as a laggy, a lackey band or gumband. No matter what you call it, there are many uses for this dynamic and colorful invention. Here are a few of my favorites, for summer or any time.
1. Keep flatware sets together.
2. Secure a flower to of a vase.
3. Use several to cover the outside of a vase.
4. Different colors differentiate glasses.
5. In conjunction with fabric to cover jars.
6. To keep things together while cutting.
7. To help drain off extra paint.
8. As decoration on a package.
9. Add a touch of color to a lampshade.
10. To help create a chair and ottoman.
If you have a creative use for this amazing item, I would enjoy hearing from you.
Images courtesy of Southern Living, Real Simple, Martha Stewart, Inhabitat and Tree Hugger.
Michael Murphy is a Los Angeles based interior designer and television producer. His 15+ year career includes serving as Supervising Producer on TV design guru Christopher Lowell's "Work That Room." Recently, he has completed projects with celebrity designer Kenneth Brown and fashion icon Heidi Klum. Follow Michael on Google+