LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Some people call it an elastic or elastic band, others a binder. If you’re visiting a foreign country, you might hear it referred to as a laggy, a lackey band or gumband. No matter what you call it, there are many uses for this dynamic and colorful invention. Here are a few of my favorites, for summer or any time.
1. Keep flatware sets together.
2. Secure a flower to of a vase.
3. Use several to cover the outside of a vase.
4. Different colors differentiate glasses.
5. In conjunction with fabric to cover jars.
6. To keep things together while cutting.
7. To help drain off extra paint.
8. As decoration on a package.
9. Add a touch of color to a lampshade.
10. To help create a chair and ottoman.
If you have a creative use for this amazing item, I would enjoy hearing from you.
Images courtesy of Southern Living, Real Simple, Martha Stewart, Inhabitat and Tree Hugger.