LAMPS PLUS Blog Policies
Lately I've been obsessed with decorating with the trellis pattern.
I've always wanted a trellis.
A vintage trellis.....the kind I've only read about in English novels.
Layers of white wood entwined with tiny roses or colorful morning glory or graceful wisteria.
So this year I've planted a trellis with clematis and every time I see it....my heart smiles.
If you love trellises like me....why keep them limited to the outdoors?
Trellises are everywhere in home decor this season.
Just take a look!
1. Oil rubbed bronze trellis light with a beautiful Moroccan styled-frame.
2. An eye-catching trellis design in a terracotta rug from the Courtyard Collection.
3. Let your trellis shine with this patterned mirror in silver with a classic black frame.
4. This trellis patterned lampshade is perfectly styled in spa blue.
Here's a little tip: decorative patterned lampshades are a great way to introduce the colors and patterns of the garden indoors!
1. This flush mount light features a sparkling silver nickel trellis pattern.
2. A bold graphic trellis pattern covers this Surya pouf in a vivid papyrus color.
3. This square pouf also comes in a variety of colors including aqua or red.
4. Add pattern under foot with this classic rug in a gray and cream trellis pattern.
So enjoy the beautiful season with it's gardens and blooming flowers and green grass.
But when the summer storms come....you'll have your own trellis pattern decor inside.....to enjoy the outdoors.....
....without ever getting wet.
Photo credit: Photo 1: Traditional Home Photo 2: bhg
I am simply loving your ideas and taste. You are so right about the trellis making you smile. It makes my heart leap with happiness when I see one too. Apart from that the rug, lampshades and other accenting pieces are so tasteful too! All one needs to do is really enjoy such a lovely and scenic beauty. I like your idea about having the trellis decor inside the house as well during summer storms. It is a very useful tip.